Birth Announcement
I've gone back and forth on whether I really want to do birth announcements or not for miss Syd. A small part of me knew I should, but the larger part of me (the part that still hasn't mailed out thank you notes for showers!!!) didn't want one more thing to have to create, print, stuff, and mail out. Then my mom told me I should because some family members still haven't seen her yet. So the guilt-ridden smaller part of my conscience won out and I started messing around on photoshop. I created this birth announcement and don't particularly LOVE it, but I love most of it. Of course I love the pictures. We had fun doing the photo shoot and she is such a smiley baby. I also love the green ferns that shout out to her origins of New Zealand. I love that it's unique too. I didn't want one of the cookie cutter birth announcements I've seen on the web.
- She is now 5 1/2 weeks old.
- She is so strong and has been holding her head up from week 1. She loves looking around and taking everything in.
- We weighed her at 5 weeks here at home. 10 lb 4 oz
- She took her first bottle at 3 weeks and is doing awesome with it! Daddy feeds her once a night.
- She took her first tubby with mommy at 3 weeks too. It was a big day! She loves tub time!
- I have cut her nails three times - without making her bleed or cry! {Knock on wood.}
- She is starting to coo and babble back to us.
- She has the best little 'muppet' smile when she opens her mouth.
- She smiles with her eyes.
- She does really well with her tummy time.
- Thankfully, she does great in her car seat so we're on the go lots!
- Her explosions are pretty powerful. At one 3 am feeding Jon almost fell out of bed when it startled him awake!
- Her eyes are lightening up. I think she'll still have the dark blue like mine instead of Jon's lighter blue.
- She is looking more like Jon each day. It's really crazy how they change so fast!



4 comments:
Oh that was a fun post to hear how she's doing and see some sweet pictures! It was good to see you the other night - I'm so glad you guys are doing great. (And a little jealous that she's so good in the car seat - oh do we have horror stories about Caleb...)
Very cute announcement Al! Glad you are both doing so well! Enjoy every minute, it really does go by way too fast!
It's darling. She is so beautiful and I can't believe she's almost 6 weeks old! I wish I could hold her. She sounds awesome. Good job cutting her nails! I made my baby bleed once! It was awful! Someone told me to try the tiny scissors instead and I found them a lot easier, so if she ever gets super wiggly, try the scissors. :)
thanks for sharing some new pictures! we wish you could come today! (eden). then we could put sydney in a bowl and eat her up with our cheerios. we could wish you a merry christmas (avi)
Post a Comment