Saturday, August 23, 2008

My heart hurts

I found out earlier this week that my cousin took his own life and my heart is so so sad. Sad for him. Sad for his family. Sad for what more I could or should have done. I realize how much I took that relationship for granted and only wish I had taken more time to really get to know him. But how grateful I am for the knowledge I have of the Gospel and the possibility for eternal life. I am so grateful for Jon and his unending support and love. I am grateful for my parents who also love and support me and who allowed me to learn and grow on my own while setting firm boundaries and setting good examples by living gospel principles.

To my family, I love you all! Thank you for banding together during this difficult time and for supporting one another. We really are so lucky.

Curt, I love you so much. You left us too early. I hope you have found peace and a welcoming resting place. Until we meet again...

8 comments:

erin said...

oh aly, i'm so sorry... sorry for you, your family, and your cousin. i'm glad you have such a tight family support system to help one another through this. you guys are in my prayers.

Loving The Chaos said...

I'm SO sorry for your loss. :( You'll be in my thoughts.

~Kreitzers said...

Ohhhh I just got cold chills reading your post. How sad,my heart hurts for yours. That is such a tragedy.

Bundy Family said...

Aly,

My heart and prayers are with you. We are so truly blessed to have the gospel in our lives. I hope the comfort of our Heavenly Father will be felt within your family.

amber said...

love you, Al.

Unknown said...

That is such horrible news to find out, and I am so sorry. How great is our knowledge of the gospel though. My heart and prayers go out to you and your familiy.

Wende said...

Love you!

FRYER FAM said...

Aly its Shannon(Garner) i came across your blog through Erikas today & thought i'd take a peek. hope you don't mind. Anyway, I am so so sorry to hear this tragic news. I used to do your uncle Neils hair (its not his Curtis is it?) my heart sank reading this. Our prayers & thoughts will be w/ you all. (the Fryer fam is my blog, I'd love to hear from you). sorry again for the heartfelt news.