Friday, January 9, 2009

A new post for the New Year

Oh man. I hate when I get so far behind that I just don't want to take the time to try to catch up. It's all so overwhelming. And let's be honest, I'm like the world's best procrastinator! The funny thing about that is I spend most of my day trying to teach teenagers how NOT to procrastinate. Hypocrite.

So here's a brief update. I've been (keep in mind I haven't really edited or deleted many of these pictures. They're all pretty much straight out of the camera)...

In Chicago. For the RSNA Conference for Jon's company. It was awesome. Jon did an amazing job and I'm so proud of him. Do you even know how COLD it is there? Yeah. Definitely want to go back in the spring or fall next time. :)

From Movies

I have also been doing a few photo shoots here and there. My cute niece Brinley, which always ends up including her big brother and sisters, and Katie and Alex for their christmas card. Here are a few:



From Movies

We had a fabulous Christmas with our families, but were excited to fly down south and play in Vegas for New Years. While we were there we hiked in Red Rock Canyon (great rock climbing there!) and then joined the masses on the strip for Robbie Maddison's stunt at the Arc de Triomphe at the Paris and the big countdown to 2009. We had such a great time with Becky and Shane while staying at Tahiti Village. (I recommend it. Especially the outlet mall just across the street!) It was so nice to get out of the cold and soak in some sun while we were there. The crowds weren't as crazy as we anticipated, but we did see a guy just whip it out and start peeing in the street in the middle of the crowd. Nice. And all the Jesus Saves people added a little spice to the night too. We had a great time together and I really came home so grateful for our marriage and our relationship. Jon is so good for me and so good to me. Couldn't ask for a better man! He even surprised me and took me to see Phantom at the Venetian. Ooo la la.

From Movies
Anyway, life has been great. No complaints. Happy 2009 everyone!

11 comments:

Lori said...

welcome back to the blogosphere, aly! looks like you've had some great trips. here's to a great 2009!

erin said...

oh i miss you. your trips look lovely. you look lovely. put ny on you list of places to do in oh niner.

Bundy Family said...

I'm glad you are back. I'm so glad we got to see you for a short while. Thank you so much for feeding us and being so hospital you were awesome with my kids. I just wished we lived so much closer. I miss you!

Bundy Family said...

Oh, and I know how you feel about catching up. Too much too say in so little time. I hope you enjoyed your work free break.

Vause Family said...

So glad you posted! I've been wondering what you're up to. Hope you are enjoying 2009 thus far. P.S. There is no spring in Chicago.

LeShel said...

hooray, you're back! Looks like it was a great holiday and good reason to not blog... that would have only taken up time and wasted the moment!

kate said...

glad to hear you're doing well! keep those photos coming, i love to see your talent.

sara and wade said...

welcome back, welcome back, welcome back.... love the updates. can't wait to see you next week!!! wahahahaa!!

Karmann said...

I love that you found my blog! Now we can keep in touch this way! I am sorry that you have been going through the same thing! I actually like accupuncture. It was scary at first but I have the hang of it now and can see changes in me all ready. I will keep you posted on it more but I did alot of praying before I started and just felt that it was something I needed to do. So if you wonder, it is the best way to get an answer and I think that is the only way I have been able to do it is because I know that I am suppose too! I am proud of you and the masters thing! I got mine too! Love you!

Jess Perry said...

Yeah...know how that feels. Just did a four month catch up. Overwhelming...I agree. Love all your pics and glad you had some fun holidays! Let's play soon!

Drake Family said...

Hey Alyson! I am so glad that we have gotten in touch again through FB and now this. I just saw your comment on my blog and linked over to yours. You are so talented with photography (and your niece is DARLING!). I will have to add you to my list of blogging buddies! :)