Monthly update
So I guess it's time for another update. I guess I've become a little disenfranchised with blogging lately. I'm on facebook now and that seems to require less of my time so blogging gets pushed back.
Right now I'm applying for a job at a local middle school here. It's one of the schools that feeds into Bingham, so I kind of already have an in. But it's really scary to be moving on to this next step. I'm not sure I'm ready for a career...gulp. It sounds so daunting to me. I'm excited it's at a middle school though, as I hear you get more one on one time actually counseling students. I'm going to miss my sophomores I've been tracking though. I feel bad just dogging out on them (*this is all speculation that I'll actually get the job) when I've put so much into building a relationship with them. But with this crazy economy I have to get my foot in the door as soon as I can. So wish me luck!
Jon and I are heading to San Diego for Valentine's Day. I've been giving him a hard time cause we're actually going for a Rugby tournament, not Valentine's Day, but it's still a mini-vacation to a warm destination, so I'll take it! But hey, it's nice that the holiday falls at the same time so we can use it as an excuse to get away...after all, nothing says romance like watching a bunch of sweaty guys in short shorts tackle each other. I'm so excited to go though and get some nice sunshine in me. I love when we get to take little weekend getaways together. It always strengthens our relationship.
Uh, what else? Nothing really. Just staying busy with school and church stuff, same with Jon. He's excited to get back on his bikes when the weather warms up. Oh, and recently he lost some lbs. and is lookin sooo hot! :) I'm very proud of all of his hard work. We got called to be a Ma and Pa for Trek this summer so he's doing really well to get to the gym every day and I'm trying just to make it there once a week, more like once a month! :) So we're excited for that.
Also, I had a fabulous time in New Hampshire (minus the HORRIBLE ordeal trying to get home) with my mom and sisters and the two munchkins. I love them so much and wish we all lived closer. Miss you all!



7 comments:
Hey girl!! I love little getaways even if there are different reasons for it! Time away from the normal routine is always good! I love to be in sunshine so you will definitly have that there in San Diego! Plus you can make it romantic and go to the beach and such after the games! Crazy weather back east! I am glad that you made it home. I just went for a quick trip back home and I too wish my family lived closer. It is so hard. Well now that I have written a novel, so glad to hear all the things you have been up to! Love yoU!
always love your updates. hope your trip is great! ah sunshine. i hope you'll take some pics and post them for me to see what it looks like somewhere warm!
It's good to hear from you. I'm glad that you are going to Trek. I've heard it's truly amazing. Hooray!! You'll be an awesome Ma and Jon will make a great Pa. Have fun in San Diego, enjoy the warmth and see if you can clear your mind of the views that could possibly be forever etched in your mind!
dearest: i miss your bloglife. come back.
can't wait for april, woot woot!!
yeah for the update. i didn't know you were applying... and i just barely talked to you... hmmm. i'm missing some info, but so are you too... hopefully i can get a new phone that won't hang up on you every 20 seconds. that would help. miss you and can't wait to see you soon. hope you had fun on your mini vaca... yeah for san diego! happy valentines sis!
and you totally have beaten me on updating... i'm a super slacker lately...hmmm. i'll work on that. love ya lots!
hope san diego was fun! rugby and all :) sounds like you've had some fun all around, i'm so glad :) i wish you best of luck with the job thing...you are awesome aly :)
that is awesome about you job! good luck and sounds like you have been having fun traveling!
Post a Comment