Monday, July 20, 2009

busy summer!

We have been on the move this summer! I just went to my 10 year reunion (gulp.) and actually had a blast! It was so fun to catch up with everyone there and see what they were all up to. (How on earth did I forget my camera!?!?) Funny how some things don't seem to change, and some really really do! However, I really really REALLY missed my good girlfriends (you know who you are!!!) that I spent every.single.day with during my days at Weber High. *Let's catch up soon!*

Also in our calendars were:

My cousin Devin's wedding. He totally "chicked up" (as Jon would say) by marrying Ashley and we are glad to welcome her into this crazy family. Here is a little collage of a few of the shots I got through out the day. My cousin's kids were all so cute in their dresses and tuxes and Ashley looked just stunning!

I also got to snap a family shot for my aunt Becca and her family, which has grown with a few "adopted sons" here and there.


Drew and Rosey were the best man and maid of honor. Here they are with his best friend Phillip, his wife Mele, and their 2 sweet girls.

One of my favorite shots came when my uncle Bobby snuck away to the free Ice Cream stand and then found the only open chair in the middle of the lawn. I couldn't resist.

Then Wade stole my camera while I took a break to cool off with a sweet treat and got some pretty comical shots of me and Jon, who is the ultimate entertainer. :)


And I am SO SO glad I got this shot of my Grandma Gibbs. To me she has always been the epitome of an elect lady and aging gracefully. I love her so much and think she is gorgeous!

I have also had the chance to go swimming with my nieces and nephews a few times and always have so much fun with them. They are so cute in their little suits and goggles that I just can't help but snap a few pics when they start playing! Our new favorite game at the swimming pool is 'surfing' where I go underwater and the girls try to surf on my back as I swim across the floor of the pool. I hope my siblings remember this game and how much fun it was for us! I miss you all!

We also have been to Lake Powell (pictures to come) and will be heading back down there in a few weeks again. Yay! And then I get to go say my goodbyes to family in New Hampshire and Texas at the end of August. sniff sniff. I am also working at Buckle again for Back-to-School season -come buy clothes from me Saturday night!!! :)- and have tried to start organizing and getting things ready for New Zealand. The countdown is on and we have 64 days until we shove off!!! :) I am so incredibly excited, but cannot believe how fast time is flying by this summer!

We are trying to get as much time in with family and friends as we can before we leave and I'm hoping to have a little sending away party in mid-September, so mark your calendars!

5 comments:

LeShel said...

busy summer!! fun though -- do everything you can to say goodbye because it's worth late nights and long days to get a chance to say it to everyone you love and get one last hug to hold you off until next time.
HAVE FUN!!

erin said...

your chocolate hair is tres chic.

love that picture of your grandma... you can just tell she is one classy woman.

no pictures of the reunion?? did anybody have a camera? i keep waiting for something to pop up on someone's blog...

Bundy Family said...

Your pictures are beautiful. I'm glad you had fun at your reunion. It was great seeing you a couple of weeks. Wished it was longer but I'll try to do better in keeping in touch. Also I did update my blog and added an update blog to keep track of.

Ameserrific said...

Aly your pictures are amazing!! Like Erin, I LOVE your hair!! I changed my blog name so make sure to save this one....

sara and wade said...

nice.... yes maam, you have had a very busy summer. which makes for lots of great times! your pics turned out great for the wedding... i don't know what you were worried about. grandma's shot is AMAZING!! what a perfect capture for an AMAZING woman that we all love and admire! way to go love... can't wait to see you sometime soon!! smooches!