Ain't no sunshine when he's gone...
Jon left 6 days ago for the RSNA Convention in Chicago. Since he left, I think we've only had 1 day of sunshine. It's been rainy and gloomy, strangely mimicking my own feelings. It's pouring today (sucks for the cruise ship passengers in port today!) which brings me some comfort as the grey skies remind me of being home during this season. After being together non-stop for 8 weeks, this separation seems to have lasted an eternity! Luckily, I have met some wonderful friends who have adopted me into their group and been so gracious to include me. It's odd doing couple-y things without my other half. Here they all are watching the big Santa parade go down Queen Street on Sunday.
I can't wait til he comes home next week. New Zealand just isn't the same without him.



6 comments:
how sad.. time away from each other is not fun, just sad. Glad he'll be back soon!
It is hard to be without your sweetheart. I love that he thought of you and sent flowers! Good luck.
you're alone?? gah... let's skype soon!
Glad you've found friends so quickly, what a fun adventure you are on! You have one THOUGHTFUL husband :)
Isn't it weird how much we miss them when they are gone? Its good to hear you are making friends. Erin says you are on skyp, so am I. I would love to talk. I htink about you all the time how are you spending your days?
Hang in there! I'm so glad you have some good friends to be with while he's gone though. He's good to send you flowers to cheer you up too. What a guy huh? :)
Post a Comment