Friends
We have cool friends. They're the lets-go-type-of-friends who are always out and about and are good to include us in their fun adventures. Last month we got together for a picnic on Northcote at Cheltenham Beach for Sonna's birthday. It's about 15 minutes north of us in Auckland. We decided to go for a little hike through the old Naval Base tunnels, but found out they lock them up in the afternoon. We'll have to catch it another time. :)
L to R: Katie & Mike, Sonna, LaNae, Maree & Trajan, Sloan, Jon
I made these babies. They were a hit.

a HUGE hit.

These two jammed it out...
While these guys searched for the lyrics so we could all sing along.
(Does it get any better than Weezer at a picnic? I submit that it does not.)
Walking to the tunnels.









10 comments:
man those cookies look good! recipe please! and those are some really lovely pictures. so glad you have good friends there.
How much fun you guys are having! beautiful sunset.
"I concur" about those cookies! I freaking love them! (Hmm... do I have the ingredients already? I think I *do.....) So glad you have good friends out there :) But what is this talk about leaving? Is this a permanent? Am I going to get to see you??? :)
beautiful pics and so much fun to be had! lucky girl!
ahhh. those pictures make me want to go to NZ. I'm glad you've made some great friends!
mmm. yes you do have a great life! awesome pics... i really love the cookie one and the guns with aukland in the background. beautiful sunset.. and little ruthie is a doll... jonny is a good uncle jonny too, they both look like two monkeys havin fun! love it!
Lovely pictures, Aly! Can I have a cookie?
Meili
Looks like you're having a blast! I'm so happy for you! When are you headed back to the main land anyways, we need to get together!
Hi Alyson! Wow, it's been awhile since I checked your blog and life has sure thrown a lot at you. What an adventure you are having! You are an inspiration to me and I hope you continue to find happiness in spite of life's many challenges. You look beautiful!
I want to go Bruce Bogtrotter on those cookies since I went to this clinic last night that talked about eating while training and starting March 1st I am making a few changes....1) the treat shelf in my pantry, won't be so large. I don't think I can totally get rid of them. 2) Protein shakes with green food, flax oil, whey protein and soy in them everyday and here is the hard one....3) No Diet Coke. I may get itchy, moody and downright bitchy...want to come back to help me get through the withdrawls????
Post a Comment