Sunday, December 9, 2007

Happy 50th Birthday Mom!

I have an incredible Mom! This might seem like a silly picture to post for her 50th birthday but it makes me happy because it reminds me of all the great things she does for us. This picture was taken in November while we were all down at Emilie's for Avi's baby blessing. We were all getting ready that morning and it was so fun to have some girl time and talk and joke with one another.


One of the reasons that my mom is so great is because she always cleans her kids' houses. No matter where she's staying, or for how long, she always finds a way to help either pick up, do laundry, or clean bathrooms - all of those tasks I hate!!! And I finally understand that when she does that for us, she is showing us how much she loves us and not what a horrible housewife I am! ;) My mom has taught me so much and has done so much for our family. How can you ever repay that? I certainly didn't make it easy on her as a teenager so I'm so so so grateful that she didn't give up on me.

I think the greatest lesson my mom has taught me is the importance of serving and giving of yourself. She is such a great example of Christ-like love.

I love you Mom!

12 comments:

erin said...

i'm seriously having a hard time believing your lovely mother is 50. happy birthday momma miriam! love your mother... she's a great lady, as i'm sure you already know.

Heather B said...

Cute pictures!! Mom's who clean for us are PRICELESS! Happy Birthday to your mom.

Rachel said...

Moms are the best!! Hey did you get my email about the CD?

Jess Perry said...

What a great mom! Aren't they the best! I love the picture of everyone getting ready! I keep forgetting to call...is your calander just so busy until after Christmas? When are you home, evening or morning, which is better?

Brady and Kariann said...

Happy Birthday Miriam!! What a fun and nice post about your mom. I love the picture of everyone getting ready - cute!!

Unknown said...

You look so much like your mom!! It is so fun to see your family and what they look like now. I can't believe Sara. I think the last time I saw her, or atleast what I remember her looking like is when she would have been in elementary. Very cute fam!!

Abby said...

I just saw your mom at pizzaria....She looks great for 50!! Happy Birthday Miriam!

Jason.Ashley.Kyler.Camden said...

It was so good to see you and Jon. I am sad it was only for a little bit. I was a little flustered that night because Kyler was so fussy and tired, but hopefully we get to visit more in February! Lets plan on it! Thanks again for letting me share your mom's birthday with everyone! It was so fun and your mom is adorable!

sugarcoatedcyanide said...

Happy Birthday Aunt Miriam!! It must be a Gibbs thing to clean because my mom does the same thing! I practically have to duct tape the washer shut if I want to take her anywhere! You're a great mom because you have great kids. I love you guys!! (oh yeah, I cracked up so hard at the snowball fights!)

Jess Perry said...

Hey...is your phone working? I have tried calling for the past 2 days and all I get is a busy signal. Or else, you are just one busy gal. Let me know!

Anonymous said...

It's so nice to see all you girls together! I sure hope your momma had a great day. That's so special. I love you guys! You are darling as ever!

amber said...

Happy birthday aunt Mimi! What beautiful Storey women!!!!