Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Livin' great in 2008

I don't know that I have the energy to do a post about the wonderful holiday we had. Once I upload some of the photos I'll do a recap.

I have had some time to think about this new year we are celebrating. I read a quote somewhere that said an optimist welcomes in the new year and a pessimist hurries to rush out the old year. I want to be the optimist.

2007 was a fun-filled year for us. Sure we had some 'character building' experiences and our share of struggles, but I feel like we were truly blessed. And definitely in ways we never would have expected. Here are some of my highlights of 2007:

  • I started my master's program for school counseling
  • I got a trampoline for my birthday
  • I got to spend a lot of time in Arizona with the girls
  • I witnessed the miracle of birth when Avi Lee Gardner joined our family. (And now I think adoption is a wonderful option!!! :))
  • Disneyland with Jon
  • Lake Powell in July
  • NYC in Sept
  • I was called as the 1st counselor in the Young Women's in our ward - wow! was I really like that?!?!?! And did my leaders really care this much about me?
  • My faith was tested and retested each month. I learned what it means to TRULY trust in the Lord.
  • Photography has been such a great outlet for me and I have truly enjoyed it.

I was also introduced to blogging this year and have loved being able to catalogue my life. I'm horrible at keeping journals so it's been really fun to have such a convenient way to look back at our adventurous year!

I'm still working on my resolutions for 2008 and promise to share when I have them all sorted out. My main goal is to take more action in my life. My resolutions will all be centered around that. What are yours?

4 comments:

kate said...

great highlights. you are a wonderful example of living life to its fullest, in education, creativity, relationships. . .looking forward to your resolutions, still thinking about mine. :)

erin said...

resolution: travel with the laws.

Vause Family said...

Great insights into the lovely person you are.

Jason.Ashley.Kyler.Camden said...

Allison- those are great accomplishments in 2007. It is always fun to look back on all you do in a year. Hope to see you in February:)
Ashley