M.I.A - thanks, Dana, for getting me back on track
Wow! January has been crazy for us! I'm going to try to sum most of it up with pictures. As soon as I got back from Vegas we were in full blown wedding mode. We had a combined bachelor/bachelorette ski party at Snowbasin. (Thanks to Matt and Erin for letting us stay in your condo. It was awesome!!!) We got lots of Guitar Hero in and everyone loved skiing at Basin. I was sick and opted out of skiing so Nikki and I got to sleep in, head up to the resort for lunch, and chill at the condo all day. It was so relaxing!

The next week we had a bridal shower for Becky and a baby shower for Nikki. Then Becky and Shane got married on January 26th at Millenial Falls in Draper. It was a beautiful day and wonderful ceremony. I don't have many pictures to share becasue I was in front of the camera a lot as a bridesmaid and was having too much fun dancing it up! :) Here are a few of the shots I did get.
The day after the wedding I flew out to Nashville with Leila, Aunt Terry, Angie and Jen to attend Becky and Shane's wedding dinner there (she lived in Nashville for about 4 years before signing on as an entertainer with Princess Cruises). They stayed at and had their dinner at the Grand Ol' Opry and it was so amazing! The next day Becky and Shane flew out to South Africa for their honeymoon and we toured the city. We got to sit in on a recording session for our friend Annelise and then drove around to see some of the southern mansions (hello old money!!!) and then ended the night at the Wild Horse Saloon for a little dinner and dancing to a live band. There were 2 business men there that zeroed in on our table for some dance partners (well, we were the only ones there on a Tuesday night) and we talked mom into dancing a few times with one of them. Good job mom! Way to take one for the team. :)
We got back late on Wednesday night (I wasn't sure if we would make it with all of the crazy snow storms) and that weekend we celebrated Alex's 3rd birthday at the bowling alley, Sunday was the Super Bowl, and Monday Mike and Nikki brought little Addison Nicole Law into this world. They did such a good job and I'm happy to report that both mom and baby are healthy and happy.
Of course, President Hinkley passed away during all of this too. I was in Nashville when I heard the news. We were having dinner in a sports bar with an Irish pub next door blasting music so it was hard to consentrate and let those feelings sink in. I am so grateful that I was able to watch his funeral and listen to the speakers who praised and honored him in the same way that I felt. President Monson's remarks did me in and I just sat and sobbed. Such a remarkable man who deserves this wonderful legacy. I am so grateful to be a part of this amazing Gospel.
WHEW! I think that covers it all. The rest of February promises to be equally busy with the Gardners visiting for 10 days (I can't wait to play in the snow with Eden!!!) and a trip to St. George/Vegas over my birthday weekend. Not to mention school and Young Womens as well! :)
And to finish it off, a couple of quick shout outs:
Happy Birthday to Erin today! It was so great to talk to you last night. Heart.
Congratulations to Kat and Kory! They are expecting their 3rd child later this year! I'll keep my fingers crossed for a boy!



13 comments:
I'd wondered if you'd dropped off the face of the earth WOW talk about a whirlwind you've been in! Your blog would be more properly titled the Aly's Adventures :)
WHEW!!! i was wondering when i'd get to see all of these fun pictures and get caught up with the crazy laws!!! can't wait to see you soon!! sure miss ya! congrats to ALL of the laws... becky, shane, mike, nikki, alex, and beautiful baby addi! love ya!
goodness... i'm honored to have stolen a few moments of precious alyson downtime last nite. it was totally lovely to see/speak with you. isn't skype bitchin? love the condo guitar hero action shot... so glad you guys had a good time. just let us know whenever you'd like to camp-out up there. heart heart.
YOU ARE BACK!!!! I'm so glad. :) Sounds like you are busy woman! Good to hear from you and see what fun adventures you have been on!
Yay! You're back. What a crazy time you've had. Fun pictures too!
Welcome Back. I've been worried about you. Sounds like you had an eventful month. Can't wait to see what February brings!
Holy cow girl, you have been busy!! Reading all that makes me tired. I'm glad you have a fun month :)!
sounds like a wonderful and crazy busy month! loved the pictures!
You went to Nashville? Ha ha.
Glad to hear all the things you have been up to. You have been one busy gal!! Glad you have been having some good times! The catch up and month after the holiday's always seems to be crazy...just the way it goes!
Welcome back Aly! I thought my months have been busy-I don't think I'd ever have the energy to keep up with your schedule!! Sounds like it has been a blast!
What a fun month! I'm so impressed at what a great photographer you are by the way, what other hidden talents do you have :) We need a get together!!
Addy is so cute. That was pretty good timing to celebrate Alex's birthday then have baby next day. I just keep think of Nikki with her cute pregnant belly and hope to have the same with this one. Way fun wedding though, can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks.
Post a Comment