Sweet Home Ogden Valley
Today I went up to the valley with my Mom to take pictures of their property. They are subdividing their land and want to create a brochure. It was soooo beautiful there today and so green from all of the new rain. I was thinking how good it is to go back to your roots to remind you where you came from. I will be so sad to see the land go. I have so many good memories of the years spent playing in the fields, ponds, lake, farmhouses, and with the animals. What a great childhood! I wouldn't change it for the world.
Here's the view of the valley from the top of the North Ogden Pass. It seriously took my breath away.The property is surrounded by mountains on all sides. This is the view of Snowbasin.
Here are the horses. Lonesome, Annie, and Blackie (my made-up name for him.)
And I guess this is what he thinks about my made-up name for him. I can't believe I captured that! It was so funny!

My amazing Mom. She loves her baby Annie. She has taught me so much. Love you mom!
Little Orphan Annie. Her mom died in birth. My mom was so sad about it. I love all of the colors in her mane and tail.This shot is for my siblings. So much has changed. They have torn down the huge white barn, the milk house is empty, the corrals are gone, the grain silos are gone, the pig pen in torn up and now there is a huge dirt road and piles of cement. They've built up the pond a little, but with all the run off it's almost overflowing. The reeds were blowing in the wind and it was so gorgeous!
I really feel like I grew up in the most beautiful place in the world. The little body of water in the middle of this picture is a little inlet from the dam. I can't believe how full it is! So so beautiful!!!
We also got to go to St. George over Mother's Day weekend with my family (Em and the girls were up for a few days). We got to play in the pool and relax a little, which was great! We also got to talk to Spence for an hour or so on Mother's Day. Man, I'm really missing him lately! Then Em brought the girls up north so she could run the Ogden Marathon. She's such a trooper! She was running with an injury and did so great! I'm so proud of her...but I still think she's crazy! :) Love ya Em! Here are some pics of the marathon.



15 comments:
you know what i remember about those horses?? almost dying... haha :) but loving the experience all the time! haha
so good to see you are well aly... i MISS you my friend!! :)
Oh, the wonderful Valley. I totally agree, breath taking beauty and the best place to grow up.
I totally want some of that land!! Too bad my husband works in SLC and I don't have the money :( It's beautiful though. Can't wait to see you next week!!!
WOWEE, those pictures are gorgeous! I didn't know your family had land like that and stuff! The horse pictures is the best, awesome!!
the valley is the best! we are so sad to be leaving. loved all your pictures!
man, i miss northern utah. your pictures are gorgeous and make me homesick. i really hope someday matt and i end up there.
hi cute Allison! I found your blog through Case and Brits. Great photography work you do so good! Fun to see what youve been up to its been a while!
Love the pictures of the valley! It is so beautiful. I miss it so much. When we come to Utah, I always try and talk Zack in to just driving through the valley. It's the best. Maybe some day we'll all go back to our roots and live there! That would be great!
Gorgeous place Aly! I'm jealous. I always wanted to grow up somewhere like that!
I remember Dana almost dying too!! It's funny, we were just up to the valley last weekend and I was thinking about riding horses on your land. It is beautiful! How much are the lots? JK.
yay. thanks for the pictures. when i first saw them, i was at clinicals and i couldn't comment, but it totally made me homesick. i've never really felt that while i've been in st. george, it has always been while i'm home with family, but today i'm definitely feeling it. love you. love the pictures. so much has changed. and love the horse pics. awesome. you are amazing. can't wait to see you this weekend!
beautiful pictures, aly!
Such gorgeous pictures! I remember visiting you guys out there when we came to Utah in the summer. So fun!
Nice, Al. I'm glad that horse didn't bite your hand off. Do you remember when Dad first got Chancey and we lived in the house by Eden park...you and I were out by the back fence (next to the rabbit hutch) feeding the horsies and he bit your fingers. I thought he ate them because you were bleeding (I guess they looked like carrots).
Hi Aly. Wow, I had no idea you grew up on such beautiful property! Thanks for sharing. And that horse picture is AWESOME!
Post a Comment