Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Active

My body is crying out for some activity. Prenatal yoga just isn't cutting it. I.want.to.run! And not just run down the street or around the block either - like a marathon. Or maybe a half marathon. And I have the sudden urge to take gymnastics again. Anything. I just need something to push my body again. I hear pregnancy is the cause of this desire. Whatever it is, I'm grateful for it. I hope it sticks around for awhile.

For now I'm relegated to supporting people in their activity. Last weekend my niece Jessica ran her first kid's triathlon. She did so great and it was so much fun to watch her. She did such a great job training on her own and Jon would often see her out riding her bike around the neighborhood at 5:30 in the morning! She is just that driven. Good girl!

Her personal cheering section.
Swim.
Bike.
Run.
A strong finish.
One Proud Papa.
Proud Parents. Greatest supporters.
Extremely proud siblings.
The massage therapists were still set up from the adult triathlon. So funny to see these itty bitty kids getting a rub down after their exhaustive tri. Hey, I guess they earned it too! So cute!

4 comments:

LeShel said...

Way to go JESSICA!! You rock!
That is very exciting

Katie said...

That is great she did it all on her own, she doesn't look very old. Good job Jessica.

Christa said...

Oh my goodness, CONGRATULATIONS!!! Where the heck have I been?? That is SO EXITING!!! You are a darling prego. Fun for you guys!

So now that you are back in the country, we need a girls night! Maybe even a little babyshower over some cheesecake :) (Mandy works at the cheesecake factory)

What do ya think??

Jess Perry said...

I am dying for you to run with me too!! All in time my dear! You will have many years to run...just enjoy that little thing beating and kicking your insides! It flies by way too quick!