Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Saints to Sinners

This past weekend Jon participated in the Saints to Sinners bike relay race from Salt Lake to Vegas. We decided to make it a couples trip and all of the wives tagged along in the RV. We had such a blast and the boys did so well. They took 3rd in their division and 4th overall. Yay them! Here are a few highlights (very out of order cause I'm too lazy to move them all around.)

Jon waiting to start his night leg.

Josh doing all the work for this bum to draft off him!
That there is an R.V.
Mike getting ready to toss his water bottle and grab a fresh one.
Trent finishing up his 1st leg. Those semis are scary!!!
Jon pulling his 'blue steel' look during the first leg.
Spencer's first leg along the west side of Utah Lake.
The starting line at 5:30 am. Good thing they had pancakes for us!
They did it!!! And all still standing.
The crew.
Love this ghost shot of Spence grabbing Jon's water bottle. Look how fast Jon is going!
We recouped in Vegas for a few days and saw Mystere. Completely 'mind bottling' :)
Jon decided to go crazy and straighten his hair. It's longer than mine!!!
But man, does he know how to work it!!!
We invested in the Buffet of Buffets pass, which gave us access to 7 buffets in 24 hrs. Uggh. This was our final breakfast buffet and the boys decided to live on the edge and steal a donut for the road.
We had such a great time and the boys are already counting down the days until next year's race and looking for another one to do this fall! I'm so proud of all of them. They really trained hard and were a great team. They helped each other out and did whatever was necessary to help each other succeed. They each rode over 100 miles total, most of it in the heat and on some pretty crazy roads. And I had such a blast with the girls. Playing games, preparing food, chatting and napping. It was such a great getaway!

4 comments:

LeShel said...

super fun trip! Great job on the race

Anonymous said...

Aly! I know this post is about them (well, partially them) but all I could think of was "Look how CUTE she is!!!" :) :) :) I love your belly you sexy mama! :) So glad you had a good time too. We need to get together!! What's your schedule like?

Jess Perry said...

I miss it already...especially the buffet of buffets!! Just kidding!

sara and wade said...

how fun! glad everyone survived. and really, you are looking great!