Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Reflections

I tried something new today. Yoga. It's pretty cool. I actually really enjoyed it. It will be a great way for me to work on flexibility and strengthening my core. I had visions in my head of being able to do it on our amazing balcony overlooking the city, but just as the instructor said to find somewhere you can be at peace the blazing sirens went tearing down the street. Okay. Shut the doors. Right now I'm doing Yoga for dummies and already like what it's done for my back pain. Yep. After one 'practice' I can tell this is gonna be great!

If I end up like this....Heaven help me!

After yoga and skyping with my mom, I hunkered down on my usual spot and looked back on my old blog posts. Annnnd, I'm awesome. What can I say? Reading it brought smiles and outright laughs at some of the things I'd posted. Kinda like shuffling through your old year book 10 years later, reading what the cutest boy in the school wrote to you, and remembering your silly crush on him and you think to yourself "Really? Hmmm. Really? Did I really think that!?!?!"

It was fun to re-read what has happened over the past 3 years of blogging. I'm grateful that I have these things written down somewhere. One day I'll get them into books so I have a more permanent journal.

ps. I'd like to apologize for the over-use of all the mushy "honey" and "baby" and "sweetie" nicknames I threw out there for Jon. I now realize it was a little much. I sincerely hope it didn't cause any of you to puke. :)

5 comments:

LeShel said...

Glad you enjoyed some yoga.

Heather B said...

I am not very good at yoga, but when I had cable I would DVR the fitness channel and do it at night and I LOVED it...it was so calming and relaxing and I always slept better. I need to start doing it again...

Anonymous said...

Well... I was *close.. but I held it in ;) (haha) I'm so glad you had a great day! Yoga is nothing I'm *good at.. but it *is pretty relaxing :) Get flexy for the both of us! I can barely tie my shoes!! :P

Katie said...

How fun to try yoga! I did it once, and yeah I could feel it later, try it on the ball for core strength.

sara and wade said...

mmmmm. i love yoga... and pilates even more.. wish i was doing them now in fact... get rid of some of this back pain. :) we'll have to do it together when we're close again.