New Year. New You (or me)
So it's 2010. REALLY?!?! I cannot believe how fast time flies, but I find myself saying that at the end of every year. 2009 was a good year, particularly the last quarter.
Looking back, I could so easily say "I'm so glad 2009 is over! I went through a bit of personal hell and don't care to look back on it ever again." But then I think about all of the great things that 2009 brought into my life. Was it hard? Uhhh, yeah. Did I feel like giving up? A few time, yes. But do I really wish it would have never happened? Absolutely not. I learned so much about me and about Jon and our relationship - things I probably couldn't have learned any other way. So while I sometimes think I could say that 2009 was horrible, it wasn't really. I can't in all honesty look back and deny the wonderful things we have been able to do and the knowledge I've gained from the personal battles that I have won.
As I've blog-stalked others out there, I've thought about doing a year-in-review thing and/or challenging myself to come up with a new word or slogan for this year, but realistically I'm just not there yet. It would be forced and not true to where I am right now in life, which I'm trying to be better at. So in the end I decided to post a brief summary of the highlights of the past year and the things I'm looking forward to the most this year.
2009 Highlights:
- New Years Celebration in Vegas with Becky and Shane
- 7s Rugby tournament in San Diego over Valentine's Day
- Deciding to move to New Zealand in March
- NYC with the Burtons in April
- Graduating with my Masters and another rugby trip to NoCal with Jon in May
- 6 years of marriage with Jon and Lake Powell with the Perrys in June
- Celebrating our anniversary in Seattle/Vancouver in July
- New Hampshire and Boston with the Gardners in August
- Leaving for our cruise in September
- Starting our new life in New Zealand in October
- Feeling like I'm finally on top of my depression and letting go and just enjoying life
- Spending more quality time with Jon each day and focusing on our marriage
Cape Reinga - As far North as you can go in NZ. Where we spent New Years.
Looking forward to:
- 4 more months in New Zealand with our amazing friends
- Interning with LDS Family Services here in NZ, and hopefully working for them in UT
- Dubai, Rome, Venice, Croatia, Greece, and Turkey - most of them on a cruise ship!
- Being home with family - lots of new babies to kiss and cuddle
- Jon's success with PLS and American Medical Logistics - HUGE things coming his way, I can feel it!
- Creating for me and my style - photography, design, art, etc.
- More frequent, fun, and creative blog posts
- A happier, healthier, more normal and stable me.




6 comments:
I didn't think you guys would be back for two years or so. Good luck on all of your adventures. I love how much cruising you guys do! I'm looking forward to more time with family.
i can't wait to see more of your creative work. you really are so gifted!
so sorry you've had some major heartache. i am getting all teary-eyed here. but i can imagine what you've been through and how you have grown because of it will be a great resource as you counsel others. hope this year brings you peace and many other good things.
so i'm reading this post and finding out so many things i never knew about you. hmm.... just doing some thinking and wishing i was in utah to welcome you back and chat some more with you....
i'm looking forward to having aunt aly and jonny here to hug and cuddle and kiss.... :) and so they can kiss baby {...}
love you more than words can express
xoxoxo
you have such a good life~i feel that good things are coming your way. we just watched a rugby show and i swear your husband was in it!
I am so happy for you! It looks like you are really loving it there! And how could you not?! It looks beautiful! Your place looks awesome too! And I'm so jealous that you get to be tan & go to the beach! So jealous!!
Post a Comment