Fireworks!!!
Each year my family goes to the fireworks at Weber State. They are usually held the Sunday before the 24th of July, but have been a week early for the past couple of years. We always get blankets set up early to make sure we have the best spot on the hill for a great view. This year some punk stole my aunt Becca's blankets after they were laid out. So not only did we lose our usual spot, but Becca lost her blankets that my great-grandma Murray made for her before she died. That's lame. I hate thiefs. We had a great time with our family though. There is always good food (translated to Alyson language, that's lots of sugary treats!!!) and games and fun. Mike and Nikki and Alex came up with us this year and we went to feed the ducks at the pond. I got a new lense the day before so I was excited to play around with it that night. Here's my collage of the fireworks.






9 comments:
Wow, that looks like quite the show! I love sugary treats too. And boo on people who steal!
Cool pictures, what lens did you get? I love the one where it looks slightly blurred fun fun fun!
Also I love the new little slide show to music that pops up when you go to your blog, very fun!
cool aly! i'm bummed we missed them this year! fun new lens! stupid losers who steal our most precious possessions...
You are the queen. I cannot cannot cannot get enough of the fireworks collage. I think it would be perfect 20 times bigger hung on my wall. Let's work that out k.
ang, i got two new lenses. they are both nikor lenses. one is 70-300 mm and the other is 18-135 mm. i took the firework shots with the 70-300 mm, which also happens to have vibration reduction, which has saved quite a few pictures i'm sure! i am really loving them both. when does your camera come? what lenses did you get?
My camera comes TODAY!!!! I'm not sure what lenses it's coming with because Trail bought it for me as a gift so we'll see! I'm sure you'll get so sick of me asking for photography tricks but you take such great pictures. I also like to visit the "Amy's" blog and look at her photography, who is that by the way? Is that who you learned from? I would love to take a class when I get a second.
This is the first year of my life that I haven't been to those fireworks! :( I guess life brings new things... i missed them though! thanks for bringing me there with those pictures!
Love the pictures! We always go to the fireworks at Weber too! :) We had fun this year. The kids are getting older and can do more fun games and things!
I'm gonna miss you in class for the next few weeks! I'm glad (and a little jealous!) that you have a few weeks off...but maybe not so off??
Hope you are doing well. See ya in a few weeks.
Post a Comment