Our Life
I know I should post something, but I can't think of what it should be. So I've been reflecting on life lately. It's been crazy and I've really been wishing it would slow down. It seems we've been rushing from one place to another and one activity or appointment to the next. I think lately our lives have been dictated to us and I want to change that so I dictate my own life. Our summers haven't been this busy for a few years because Jon has been down for the past 2 summers with knee and achilles surgery so we were limited in what we could do. And now with a healthy husband there seems to be too much to do. And we don't even have kids yet! I can't imagine life getting any busier, but I know it will. So here is my mid-year resolution:
I will take control of my life. I will say no those time demands and activities that don't matter and focus on the ones that do. I will do what is best for my family first, and then accomodate what I can after that. I will stop doubting my abilities and embrace what I can do and do it well. I will stop being so critical of myself and Jon and celebrate the good we are doing. I will choose to be happy and productive.
So that's it. My reclaimation of power and happiness.
Have a great day!



5 comments:
Good for you Aly!! What a good idea to set some goals in the middle of th year, or any other time of the year for that matter! i know how you feel, life gets so busy and we lose sight of what we started out to do in the first place!!
Looks like lake powell was a blast!! We are off to Canada for the next three weeks! So excited it is so hot here!!
Scarlett is very happy and yes very little!! I finally had to buy her 3-6 months and they fall right off of her! silly little girl. Talk to you later!
Rachel
girl power alyson, and just in time: the spice girls have reunited. somebody upstairs must seriously love me.
was your nose itching? cuz i think you have just read my mind... i've totally been thinking that lately with all of our travels and time demands. i seriously was thinking today - "i'm sick of just going along with whatever somebody tells me that i need to do. my life is just following what is expected of me. i want to step out and do what i want to do... not what somebody expects me to do and say... wow, i feel like i have no personality and i am stuck in a bog..." yep, that is what i said. great minds must think alike! maybe it's time for me to step up and write some goals down too! thanks for being an inspiration once again! love ya!
hey i forgot to tell you... those pictures i was telling you about last weekend of the beautiful little boy of one of the girls that i work with at the hospital... check out her blog so you can see what i am talking about... www.jensenjiblets.blogspot.com
good job!
Oh boy do I have an AMEN to say to your blog! We have been going NON STOP all summer and we are sick and tired of it! I don't think I'll leave Logan again until Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment