Monday, July 16, 2007

Way to go, Jon!

This weekend Jon participated in the Xango Echo Triathlon at Echo Reservoir. He did such a good job and I am so proud of him! He finished the sprint distance tri in about 2 hours, even with an injured calf and not a whole lot of training. I'm so proud of him for sticking it out and having a smile on his face every time I saw him! Great job, honey!




This little bug was also there watching her mom do her first Olympic distance triathlon. Way to go Jen! We're so proud of you! Doesn't Chelsea look so Hollywood in this shot? She's never met a camera she doesn't like!
Jen got a new road bike for this tri and looked like she was much happier to be on that than the mountain bike she had been using! Yay for new bikes! Yay for motivated people crazy enough to do triathlons! :)
In other news, our ward was split yesterday so Jon was released as the 2nd counselor in the bishopric and called as the 1st counselor in our new ward. Sometimes I think God has a funny sense of humor. I'm hoping Jon won't be quite as busy as the 1st counselor since he doesn't have to go to all of the scout meetings, but you never know. I'm just glad he's worthy to receive and accept a call such as this. He really is an amazing man!


3 comments:

sara and wade said...

Wahoo! congrats jonny and jen! yeah for motivated people that like to do triathlons! you are amazing! we love ya!

~Kreitzers said...

Aly I can't believe you haven't caught the bug and are right out there, where's your competitive spirit gone? Wherever it's gone mine is there too, I just can't seem to convince my body that putting it through something like that would be a good idea. 45 minutes on a tread mill is punishment enough! BUT congrats to Jon I'm sure it isn't easy.

erin said...

good gosh, you guys are bus-aye. congrats jon, i think triathalons are righteous. and good luck with the new calling! you're a good man!