Monday, July 30, 2007

the "pob" haircut

An ode to my friend, Erin (who loves Posh Spice)...introducing my attempt at "the Beckham bob"

So I was really really overdue for a haircut. I really loved Victoria's hair on her "Coming to America" special (yes, I admit, I watched it while cleaning my kitchen) and was coveting her hair, but then I saw one of the shows like Access Hollywood that talked to a stylist in LA who said that everyone was clamboring for her new 'do, which turned me off to the style. And then, after reading an article in O magazine about what your hair really says about you, I walked into the salon with the full intent on just a trim and adjusting my color to a nice golden blonde to get closer to my natural color. I was all about going natural and letting the real Alyson shine. It hardly took any convincing though, for me to do this once I saw her picture in a magazine.

And this is the true Alyson...not quite as 'natural' but every bit as spunky and spicy as I am. (sorry, my pictures were taken with my webcam, so they aren't the best quality!) I don't like to think of myself as a sheep or someone who follows celebrity styles religiously, but I love what this new haircut has done for my confidence. I instantly felt a little spring in my step!

here's the inspiration - Victoria "Posh Spice" Beckham, coming to America.

And here's my knock off attempt at the trite look she usually has on her face.


Now if I only had her money, clothes (maybe adding a few inches onto those short minis of hers), and shoes (maybe taking away 2 of the 4 inch heels she wears)...good thing I already have the sexy husband!

And congratulations to Erin and Matt! They're expecting a little one in February. Yay!

8 comments:

erin said...

I LOVE IT!! seriously aly, you were hot already, but this is muy muy picante! it looks seriously good on you! i also watched 'coming to america,' but i had decidedly dedicated the entire airing to just victoria and me... no kitchens were cleaned at the burton apartment. i don't see any shame in that. love ya.

erin said...

i just looked at your pics again and just wanted to make clear, if i hadn't before, that i have a non-sexual crush on your new do.

Alyson said...

ha ha ha! you crack me up. knew you'd love it!

Heather B said...

HOLY SEXY MAMACITA!! It looks soooooooooooooo good, I just LOVE it! You did a good job imitating her face too, nice job. Way to go Aly.

~Kreitzers said...

I too LOVE that hair cut on you and am envious you can pull it off with your facial structure and those killer cheek bones. I'm so glad whoever talked you into that was convincing because you are ROCKIN it!

Em said...

Perfect Perfect Perfect. Seriously AL, Well done.

Wende said...

Cute Hair Aly! You totally pull it off.

amber said...

love it!!!!got it too!