crazy day
we have had beautiful weather today and i'm so glad! i decided to walk over to jen's house to interview jessica for one of my school projects. it was very interesting to get a 7 year old's perspective on popularity.
**i'd like to ask...did anyone think they were popular when they were a kid? my thought is this - i had popular friends, but never thought i was popular. now that i look back, i'm not sure anyone would really consider themselves "popular" in elementary school. i think our media feeds us so much information about what we have not being enough that as kids we don't think we have enough or deserve to be liked. does anyone agree, or am i way off base?
anyway, then we got this crazy wind storm that blows up a bunch of dust from all the construction around here. not fun, seeing as how i was walking home in it! nothing like a mouth full of grit and sand. and to top that off, another visit from aunt flo confirmed my suspicions that the horrible cramping this month meant my body just doesn't want to be pregnant right now. :)
on a much lighter note, my great friend erin just posted all of her pictures from their trip to south africa. click here. they're incredible!



2 comments:
That's an interesting subject particularly for me. I just got finished working in the CLICKIEST first grade class. I couldn't believe it! There was this cute as can be little girl that wore all the "in" clothes and had her hair done just so everyday and smart as a whip. She was "popular". Everyone wanted to be her friend and everyone wanted to play with her and stand by her in a line so much that it caused a problem. I was so shocked that Popularity starts at that age :(
I'm so sad that your procedure didn't work, I was so hoping it would be this time.
I can't wait to see your video you put together I LOVE stuff like that!
wow, thanks for posting a link to me.. i feel so honored.
i think when we were kids things were really different. maybe not, but i feel that way. maybe it's cos i was the oldest child in my family and didn't have a clue about anything, but i'm not sure i even understood popularity. i just wore the clothes my mom bought for me and played barbies in my basement and i didn't care. but i was a late bloomer socially, so that could explain a few things.
aly i love you and hope y'all are doing okay.
Post a Comment