these pumas were made for walkin'
Tomorrow I'll be a first time participant in the annual Race for the Cure here in Salt Lake. I'm nervous that my body will go into complete shock with heightened activity, even though I'm just doing the 5K walk with my mother- and sisters-in-law. I'm very excited to be involved in a good cause and I'm sure it will be a very touching experience to see so many survivors, family members, and friends. My cute neighbor is currently battling the devestating aftermath of cancer and even though I haven't really told her, I'd like to walk in her honor. She is an amazing woman with a strong spirit and zeal for life. As my networking expands I'm realizing now just how many people breast cancer has touched. I pray that I might never experience it first hand and pray that I can be more empathetic and stronger for those who do.
Wish me luck!




2 comments:
have fun aly! i've always wanted to do one of those... thanks for giving me a little kick in the pants reminder.
Both my grandmas got breast cancer, and so did Mark Maines mom who I am still very close with. Sooo...way to go for a good cause!
Post a Comment