they did it!
Congratulations to the Highland Rugby boys! Yesterday they won the High School Rugby National Championship. They rolled over (physically they hit and tackled so hard, it was awesome!!! the other teams were running scared!) their rivals, Jesuit of Sacramento, with a score of 24-8. This was Jon's 5th and final season coaching the backs and he has done an amazing job with the boys. Our association with Highland has opened many doors and introduced us to many new friends. I feel so lucky to have had the opportunity to be involved with such a great team and great cause. I'm excited for all of the new ventures we're embarking on with rugby now. Jon has been invited to coach the Utah U-19 all star team and we will be traveling to Denver in June for a tournament. He really is a great coach and has been receiving all sorts of praise and accolaides from the rugby community. The highland boys love him and will miss him, I'm sure. Deep down, I'm secretly hoping that we'll move to New Zealand for a couple of years to do some rugby stuff there. I don't really know what, but I think it would be fun! I figure now would be as good a time as ever, especially since we don't have kids. I do want to raise our family in Utah but it would also be cool to raise them somewhere sweet like New Zealand too...just dreaming, I guess.
Anyway, congratulations to the boys and the coaches. They worked very hard and deserved it!



4 comments:
congrats lads!! if we ever have a son, and that son ever wants to play rugby, we will only allow him to proceed under the watchful tutelage of jon law.
Wow, National Champs, that's huge!
Way to go!
Coming to my neck of the woods huh??? you better let me know when you will be here and we will get a babysitter and go to dinner or something! (I can also take you shopping if you'd like....). Maybe you can bring your camera and take some pictures of my kids and my pregnant belly for me???? I'm excited!!!
love, Amber
p.s. Congrats on the Rugby! That's awesome!!! Go Jon!
Aly,
I'm glad Highland got nationals. With all the hard work you guys did for Nationals it's great that Highland won! I hope you and Jon survived the weekend. I hope you guys had fun.
Post a Comment