Friday, October 12, 2007

St. George

I've decided I'm not a huge fan of coming home from one big trip and then leaving the next day for another. It's way too chaotic when I come home. But this weekend getaway to St. George was so worth it! We went down with a group of friends, sans kids, and stayed with our friends Jeremy and Michelle.


We had kind of a rough start. Jon, Mike, and Jeremy decided to ride their bikes down, even though it was supposed to rain that day. I was worried so I decided to drive behind them to make sure things were okay, and by the time we got past Cedar City, they were glad I did (2 bikes ran out of gas and someone got a ticket.)!!! We stopped in Fillmore to top off the gas and grab some lunch. We ended up staying there for 45 minutes to wait out a storm, but then decided to just go ahead and brave it.

This probably wasn't very smart, but I decided to get a picture of Jon on his bike, in action. It was so windy that one swift gust could have pushed my car right into him, but I am a master driver and photographer and managed to pull it off! :)

The boys went golfing on Saturday while the girls did some shopping. After the Priesthood session of conference e all met up for dinner at Ruby River...YUM!!! Jon and I got to sit across from my mom and dad and fill them in about our trip to NY so that was fun.
I like my parents. They're funny. One minute they are so fed up with one another and then next minute they are lovey and affectionate. I guess that's a good example to not hang onto hurt and frustration. They're cute.
Here's the whole group, L-R: Wade & Sara, Dad & Mom, Nikki & Mike, Quin & Hilary, Us, and Michelle and Jeremy. All of us with very full bellies!

Sunday morning we watched the morning session of conference while eating Jeremy's legendary breakfast of pancakes, eggs, and bacon. Yum! Then we took off on a bike ride to Gunlock reservoir. It was a little chilly, but we had a great time.


Unfortunately, that was the end of a fun weekend for Jon. He had to leave as soon as we got back from our ride so he could get to the office early in the morning. Mike was nice enough to leave with him so Jon wasn't riding his bike alone late at night. Luckily he got home safe I got to stay one more night to play with my family a little bit longer. We had such a great time and are so grateful to our wonderful friends and family who hosted us. It was such a great reminder to me that our friends just aren't Jon's guy friends, but also my girl friends and we can do our own thing and find things in common...just not scrapbooking for me! ;) Thanks ladies, for such a fun weekend! Love ya!

8 comments:

kate said...

what fun trips! it's wonderful that you and jon can make so many fun memories as a couple. you two look great!

erin said...

good times aly. fancy snappin' on the action shot.

Anonymous said...

Totally diggin' your hair Aly! Way cute! Sounds like an awesome weekend.

Jess Perry said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! Your parent's are cute...they remind me of Trent and I. One moment I want to kill him, the next I am knocked off my feet in love with him!

Amy said...

you guys are having way too much fun!!!

seriously, all of your trips are making me jealous!!!

sugarcoatedcyanide said...

loved the picture of your mom and dad. I miss them alot! I need your mom's balance and humor sometimes! Pretty adventurous to ride all the way to ST George on a bike. Impressive!

~Kreitzers said...

You are a HOT biker babe! You should buy a matching bike, although you do look great on behind that handsome husband of yours :)

Abby said...

Where is your helmet young lady!?!?!
Looks like you had a great time. I miss St.George. We had a lot of memories there!