a brief synopsis
I promised a recap of my life since graduation. Here goes:
After graduating from Weber High in '99 I spent 2 years in St. George, earned my A.S., was in student government, lived with 10 other girls my first year and met some of my best friends, and realized I wanted a career working with youth.
After Dixie I moved back home and attended Weber State, where I majored in Criminal Justice with the aim of going to law school and being a Juvenile Defender. Then I got a new job with a company called PLS. I loved the company philosophy and admired the work ethic of my bosses. I was so in love with the company that I said "someday I'll be at the top of this company." Talk about self-fulfilling prophecy! Long story short, Jon was one of my bosses, I fell for him - pretty hard - and had to quit my job so I could continue dating him. I worked for him for about six months and we were married in another six after I quit. We married on June 24, 2003 in the Salt Lake LDS Temple.
After we got married, we lived in Holladay for 2 years then moved to Riverton in 2005. During that time I finished school and graduated with my B.S. in Human Development and Family Studies from the U while working for the Salt Lake School District as a program coordinator for after school programs in elementary schools. I quit that job so I could finish my last class for my degree and haven't really worked full-time since then.
Currently, I am a student at the University of Phoenix in the Master of Counseling Program. I have another 2 years in that and plan on being a high school counselor. I am also an up and coming photographer and really love it! We do not have any children, despite trying for almost 3 years now. We're planning on starting the adoption process soon.
Jon and I love to travel when we can. We've been on 2 cruises to the Caribbean and 1 to Alaska. We've also been to California, Vegas, Mexico, Texas, NYC, New Hampshire, Florida, and the Panama Canal. We love the outdoors - camping, rock climbing, boating, the occasional bike ride and hike, and have found a new love in motorcycle rides.
That's a very, very brief summary of my life over the past 8 years. I remember recently walking on the campus of the U in early fall and thinking "Life is great. There is nowhere else I'd rather be or nothing else I would rather be doing." I love the summer time and all that it brings. Life is great. I am so blessed. I love to look back and see how the Lord has had His hand in all of the successes and trials I have had. It helps me to look forward with faith to all that has been promised.



8 comments:
Aly,
I am so glad to be apart of your life and get to have you as friend. Great synopsis it was fun getting a recap. Luv ya!
Yay for 11 girls in one (tree)house!! I just found a picture of all 11 of us around the Christmas tree, I am going to post it soon. Yes, great synopsis, I was on my mission when you got married, so I didn't know how you met Jon.
Oh the stories we could post to add fun and excitment to that synopsis!!!!! I loved our time together and would love to see you again soon, I miss you!
Hey Aly, I think you told us once, but what kind of camera do you have again?
Heather, it's a Nikon D200
what a good life you have. i'm so grateful we've kept in touch over the past decade although we've never really lived in the same town since then. i love you!
I loved hearing what you've been up to! You've been busy! It was also great to see you at the play. You look so good! You should bring Jon up to Huntsville for the 4th of July! It's always a party. Hope to book you for a family photo shoot some time this summer. . .
Kate
I love hearing the background info on people! :) You are cute gal and I'm excited to get to know through our schooling. Let's go to Good Things Utah! :)
Post a Comment